Skip to main content

Disney Haul for Early Summer 2018



I have been picking up several Disney themed items over the last several months and realized I had amassed quite a little haul, so I thought I would share.

This is the Year of Mickey Mouse!  It’s his 90th birthday and everyone is celebrating!  Target has come out with a whole line of Mickey inspired items, from a makeup line to boxes of tissues and coffee cups, and a host of home and bath items.  My Target had sold out of many of the items but I still managed to find several really cute stuff.

I picked up these super cute packs of enamel pins and pin back buttons.  I love the retro styling of the buttons and I collect Disney enamel pins, so these were great to add to my collection.  I found these in the stationary area of my Target.



In the bath and beauty I found nail files, nail polish, hair ties, bubble bath and lips smackers is chocolate flavor! I also found a cute little pouch with pockets inside for ID and credit cards.  I put my lip smackers in side along with my ID and debit card and run errands. 





I also picked up this super cute water bottle and coffee cup.  I carry the water bottle with me everywhere and the coffee mug is HUGE and starts my day with a smile.  They had a plethora of both water bottle and mug designs.  I hope to go back a pick up a few more of both in different designs.


I also found this cute little candy tower near the party supplies.  The candy was yummy, my favorite was the Mickey candy bracelet, but how cute are those stacking boxes?    I think they might be perfect for push pins, paper clips and maybe staples.





 There are more items at Target online and fully plan on picking up more.   They have quite a large bath and beauty line.

I also stopped at the Disney store to pick up a plushy for my daughter’s BFF for a birthday present.  She is a huge Stitch fan and wanted an Angel (Stitch’s girl friend) plushy.  Not only did they have one, but they ran a great deal of buy one get a 2nd for $2.  You read that right!  I got two $20 plushy for $22.  The 2nd plushy I picked up was Tramp.  My husband collects Disney dog plushy and while he had Lady, he did not have Tramp.  I gave it to him for our 24th wedding anniversary.  24 is plushy? Right? 


Disney also had a big blue shopping bag for $1.  How could I resist?  It has Minnie Mouse graphics on one side and Mickey Mouse graphics on the other.  I always need bags and one dollar is the perfect price.  They were also running a deal on this summer’s Disney soft side cooler.  It was normally, I want to say $20, but with purchase, it was only $8.  It’s a giant lemon slice with the seeds being Mickey heads.  I couldn’t resist, and much like bags, I always need coolers for picnics and day trips.  This cooler has adjustable strap and is really comfortable to carry.

I have been remodeling my bathroom into Mickey Mouse heaven.  I saw these suction cup Mickey helping hands on Amazon for $7 and decided to try to use them as tie backs for the curtains.  I’m not sure if it will work, but if not, I can still use them in the shower.  

I tried to find Disney bathroom tile but had no luck.  So I found this set of wall decals that have smaller images.  I decided to try and apply these to the tiles instead.  Of course I will let you know how well it works.



I found this super cute reusable shopping bag at The Dollar Tree!  I love that retro look for Mickey’s 90th birthday.


We have a local Japanese arcade that also has a gift shop.  They often get Tokyo Disney products in the odds and ends they purchase.  They had this super cute Minnie Mouse lanyard from Tokyo Disney Resort so of course I had to buy it.  It was only $5!



Last, but certainly not least are these three yard sale items a friend found for me.  A super cute Mickey head plate, brand new Mickey and Minnie stockings for little treats, and an unopened Mickey and Minnie Pez set!  I haven’t decided if I will open the Pez because the packaging is so cute.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Trip Report Day 1

Sunday, October 6, 2013 Arrival, Downtown Disney It was finally here! The day we leave for Disney! My husband, our daughter and myself, plus daughter's BFF, were all flying down this afternoon and ready to have a week long full of Disney fun! We have always gone in May in the past and thought it would be fun to mix things up. We decided to go in October so we could attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party .  It just happened to also be during my birthday!   We had everything packed and ready to go the night before. My friend  was roped into volunteered to take us all to the airport and pick us up when we got back. We decided to kick off our vacation with all of us going to breakfast at Bob Evan's before heading to the airport. We had a hearty breakfast and good conversation with good company and then set out for our airport adventure. We had a 1:05 pm departure time and also needed to go through airport security. Having never flown with another persons c

Theme Park News

Photo by Mice Chat Well, The Disney Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser, closed. I never did get to go to the experience. It was just too much cost. Things in my life changed and I couldn’t justify the expense. Instead, I watched YouTube videos and read blogs about others experience at the Star Cruiser. I think I would have loved it, but I was able to see what others experienced, while saving myself $6000. I am including a link to a Mice Chat Blog about the closing. They did attend and have some great photos.  I was actually a little bit surprised by the news of the closure. Disney spent so much money and time on its creation and construction. Initially they said they had no plans to do anything with the building or experience. However, they have since said they may do a smaller, less intense version. I will keep an ear out about the future of the Halcyon.  I would like to go back to Disney at some point. They again raised prices and I feel like there may be one more big trip t

Disney Cosplay and Henna!

We recently went on vacation to the Unschoolers Waterpark Gathering at Kalahari Waterpark in Sandusky Ohio.   This is a great week of fun and friends!   I was able to put a little Disney in my trip on two occasions during the week and thought I would share. One day is designated as Cosplay day, so I wore yellow shoes, black shorts, a red and white polka dot shirt and my Minnie Mouse ears.   It was super cute and I received a lot of compliments.   I even made an unhappy little girls’ day happier and we had fun talking about how much we both love Minnie.   Unfortunately I did not manage to get a full body shot of my Cosplay, but I did manage to get a selfie of my ears and shirt by the hot tub.   It was very bright that day and I noticed that my own shadow looked like Minnie’s head, so I snapped a photo of that too.   The next night is henna and movie night.  I love henna night.  I love the way it smells and seeing all of the amazing designs that people create.  I howev