Skip to main content

Disney Cosplay and Henna!


We recently went on vacation to the Unschoolers Waterpark Gathering at Kalahari Waterpark in Sandusky Ohio.  This is a great week of fun and friends!  I was able to put a little Disney in my trip on two occasions during the week and thought I would share.

One day is designated as Cosplay day, so I wore yellow shoes, black shorts, a red and white polka dot shirt and my Minnie Mouse ears.  It was super cute and I received a lot of compliments.  I even made an unhappy little girls’ day happier and we had fun talking about how much we both love Minnie.  Unfortunately I did not manage to get a full body shot of my Cosplay, but I did manage to get a selfie of my ears and shirt by the hot tub. 


It was very bright that day and I noticed that my own shadow looked like Minnie’s head, so I snapped a photo of that too. 

The next night is henna and movie night.  I love henna night.  I love the way it smells and seeing all of the amazing designs that people create.  I however, always make a stylized Mickey Mouse on my own hand.  People generally get a kick out of it.


During the last night we have a family dance and get family photos.  I wore my Minnie Mouse kigurumi.  The photographer thought it was cute and wanted to get a photo of the prop giraffe nibbling on my ears.  Only problem is I am short.  Its still a fun photo.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Trip Report Day 1

Sunday, October 6, 2013 Arrival, Downtown Disney It was finally here! The day we leave for Disney! My husband, our daughter and myself, plus daughter's BFF, were all flying down this afternoon and ready to have a week long full of Disney fun! We have always gone in May in the past and thought it would be fun to mix things up. We decided to go in October so we could attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party .  It just happened to also be during my birthday!   We had everything packed and ready to go the night before. My friend  was roped into volunteered to take us all to the airport and pick us up when we got back. We decided to kick off our vacation with all of us going to breakfast at Bob Evan's before heading to the airport. We had a hearty breakfast and good conversation with good company and then set out for our airport adventure. We had a 1:05 pm departure time and also needed to go through airport security. Having never flown with another persons c

Theme Park News

Photo by Mice Chat Well, The Disney Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser, closed. I never did get to go to the experience. It was just too much cost. Things in my life changed and I couldn’t justify the expense. Instead, I watched YouTube videos and read blogs about others experience at the Star Cruiser. I think I would have loved it, but I was able to see what others experienced, while saving myself $6000. I am including a link to a Mice Chat Blog about the closing. They did attend and have some great photos.  I was actually a little bit surprised by the news of the closure. Disney spent so much money and time on its creation and construction. Initially they said they had no plans to do anything with the building or experience. However, they have since said they may do a smaller, less intense version. I will keep an ear out about the future of the Halcyon.  I would like to go back to Disney at some point. They again raised prices and I feel like there may be one more big trip t