Skip to main content

Let Them Eat Cake, Pre-Trip Report Part 4

This is my last pre-trip report!  I meant to keep up with this more but it has been so busy these last couple weeks.

I ordered two T-shirts for my husband and I to wear during our trip. I created 20th anniversary shirts over at Zazzle. They turned out really cute! They are a pale yellow because my husband said he didn't want white, and say "Celebrating 20 Magical Years together" with a picture of old school Mickey and Minnie giving a smooch.

Zazzle T-shirts "Celebrating 20 Magical years together"
I also made two T-shirts for hubby and I to wear on our daughter’s Birthday from Custom Ink.  I chose them because they had a stock tiara design that I liked. I think these shirts turned out super cute too.  I double checked with my husband before we had them printed to make sure the design was not too girly for him.  I chose purple and green because these are our daughter’s favorite colors.  They say "My Princess is Sweet 16" with a tiara dotting the "I" in princess.  We thought about having "The Mom" and "The Dad" printed on the back, but I'm kind of cheep and didn't do it.

"My Princess is Sweet 16" T-shirts

I will probably alter mine because I am not a fan of crew necks. I like to turn them into a kind of trapeze tank top.

I also ordered a sash for our daughter to wear announcing that she is a “Sweet 16 Birthday Princess” as well as a tiara. I ordered both of these from Shindigz.  Anyone can make a custom sash at shindigz with many design choices for $18.99.  We found that most pre-made Sweet 16 sashes were all pink and she didn't want pink.  She opted for green lettering is a sort of fancy scroll font, a purple tiara and black skull and cross bones border.  She picked the "Charisma" tiara because it looks kind of like ice and she is enamored with Elsa from Frozen.  I had a really hard time getting a good photo of these but you get the idea.

Sweet 16 Birthday Princess Sash and pin

Charisma Tiara

Since I had been having some issues with my sewing machine (which I managed to fix, thank-you youtube) we ordered a 4th dress instead of my making it. (Time had become an issue.) It is a black asymmetrical skirt dress.  It is super cute and was only $30.  However the bodice is super sheer so she is going to wear a tank top under it.  Also the train is a little long but she did not want me to shorten it.  I foresee that she will have to hold it up on several occasions during her day.

I also ordered her 4 pair of microfiber shorts to wear under all of the dresses.  We washed both her black and white pair of knee high chucks.  She is pretty much ready to spend 4 days as a princess!
Dress
I also splurged and ordered another cake to be delivered to our room the night before her birthday. It is a two tier mini cake with green butter cream frosting, purple Mickey silhouettes and a chocolate Mickey ears topper.  The cake is vanilla with a strawberry cream filling.  They say it only feeds 1 but I have heard others say they shared it among three or four and it was fine.  Here is an example of what it should look like, just in different colors.



I made one more reservation for lunch at Raglan Road over in downtown Disney.  We all really wanted to eat there on our Downtown Disney day so I thought it wise to make an ADR.

Disney announced the opening date for the 7 Dwarfs Mine train and it is after our trip.  So no FP+ for that ride for us.  If we see they are running it on a soft opening we will try to ride. However we are going to go ahead and enjoy the other things we want to do and not get too caught up in waiting for it to soft open.

So with that, we are going to start packing for our trip! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Park News

Photo by Mice Chat Well, The Disney Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser, closed. I never did get to go to the experience. It was just too much cost. Things in my life changed and I couldn’t justify the expense. Instead, I watched YouTube videos and read blogs about others experience at the Star Cruiser. I think I would have loved it, but I was able to see what others experienced, while saving myself $6000. I am including a link to a Mice Chat Blog about the closing. They did attend and have some great photos.  I was actually a little bit surprised by the news of the closure. Disney spent so much money and time on its creation and construction. Initially they said they had no plans to do anything with the building or experience. However, they have since said they may do a smaller, less intense version. I will keep an ear out about the future of the Halcyon.  I would like to go back to Disney at some point. They again raised prices and I feel like there may be one more big trip t

Disney Cosplay and Henna!

We recently went on vacation to the Unschoolers Waterpark Gathering at Kalahari Waterpark in Sandusky Ohio.   This is a great week of fun and friends!   I was able to put a little Disney in my trip on two occasions during the week and thought I would share. One day is designated as Cosplay day, so I wore yellow shoes, black shorts, a red and white polka dot shirt and my Minnie Mouse ears.   It was super cute and I received a lot of compliments.   I even made an unhappy little girls’ day happier and we had fun talking about how much we both love Minnie.   Unfortunately I did not manage to get a full body shot of my Cosplay, but I did manage to get a selfie of my ears and shirt by the hot tub.   It was very bright that day and I noticed that my own shadow looked like Minnie’s head, so I snapped a photo of that too.   The next night is henna and movie night.  I love henna night.  I love the way it smells and seeing all of the amazing designs that people create.  I howev

Fairy Godmother Cosplay

  I went to an Anime convention this past weekend with my daughter and some of her friends, along with one of my friends.  It was mostly anime but there were some costumes from other IP's, such as Disney.  I met several adult cosplayers who cosplay Disney character pretty often and enjoyed my conversations with them.  It got me thinking about my days as an older teen and twenty something and my favorite cosplayers back in the day.  I also did some cosplay back then and was feeling nostalgic.  As an 50+, plus sized adult, I generally do very generalized, non-specific cosplays.  But in recent years I have a dream cosplay of being Fairy Godmother from the original Cinderella animation from 1950.  I just adore her.  I started discussing it with my friend and wondering how my con experience would be different if I went in recognizable cosplay.  My friend and I sometimes get treated as "less than" at cons.  It feels ageist.  I am wondering how if that would change.   Talking to